Prov.net’s premier Greater Boston, Massachusetts Data Center
Prov.net’s newest facility in Chelmsford, MA is the newest access point to Greater Boston’s data center and network ecosystem. Thanks to our stretch cluster from Chelmsford to Nashua and Providence to Boston, we are able to offer local access to every major carrier in New England.
- Specialized data center services
- Edge Data Center
- Hybrid Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Internet of Things
- Disaster Recovery
- Carrier Independent: Access to over 100 Carriers including Verizon, Cox, Lightower, Cogent, Towardex
- Unlimited Transit BGP-IP Internet Services
- Over 250 Strands of Multi-carrier Diversely Routed Dark Fiber
- MASSIX – New England’s Largest Independent Inter-Exchange
- Ultra-Low Latency 10Gig Data-Center Interconnection (DCI)
- Public & Private Peering
- Direct Connect to AWS
- Microsoft Azure Express Route
- 8000 Square Feet
- 1MW of Critical Power
- 2N +1 power design on all system levels (UPS, PDU’s & rack distribution)
- Dedicated ½ Cabinet to Multi-cabinet Suites
- Diverse power feeds
- 750 KW Generator
- Redundant (A/B) Distribution
- High density cabinet footprint
- 100 Tons of N+1 Cooling
- Hot Aisle – Cold Aisle Design
- 24×7 proactive monitoring of power, cooling and environmental assets
- Leading edge building management and monitoring systems throughout
- Biometric Access
- SSAE 16 SOC 2 Audited
- Dual Action Dry-pipe Fire Suppression & FM200 Isolation Suppression
- Easy Access located 25 mile north of Boston along Route 3 and Route 495 technology Corridor
- 500 Year Flood zone rating
Benefits of a Local Greater Boston Data Center
Let’s review some of the key advantages of having a colocation in Boston.
1. Full & Complete Access
Often managers wonder if having data off-site may hinder the perpetual access they need to their stacks. They worry about the risk of getting locked out in an emergency. With a colocation solution, you have access to your data and hardware 24/7.
2. Watching for Redundancies
Hardware needs include HVAC faculties, backup generators, conditioned power and high-end security, to name a few features. A centralized Boston data center is specifically built to meet those objectives.
3. Self-manage Security
One significant comfort teams appreciate with a colocation data center is security. Checking on your servers in person will always be easy as they’re stored as close as possible to your place of business. Security measures are perpetually in place to ensure data is never tampered with.
4. Personalized Service
The team behind your Boston data center uses their expertise to double- and triple-check your systems for performance. They manage certifications, keep software updated
at your colocation in Boston and reinforce security. All this and keeping you on the same page with regular reporting and inspection.
5. Local Network Access
You don’t want your systems in another city, let alone in another part of the country. You don’t want a bandwidth that sends data halfway around the world before it finds your servers. With colocation, there’s peace of mind as downloads, uploads and recovery all become an easier production.